3.25.2009

Is your Signature Line Set-Up?

It is one of the easiest things we can do to send out a "free" advertisement for our business, but I bet there are many out there who don't use this easy to use function on their email! How many of you currently have your "signature" line set-up so that every time you send out an email, your name and business name and website appear at the bottom of those notes?

If you don't have this feature set-up on your email, I want you to stop reading this blog and go set it up! You are missing out on a great opportunity to share your business with your family, friends, co-workers and more!

Have you ever forwarded an email, whether it be something funny, serious or thoughtful? Ever notice how those continue to just be forwarded with most of the content from each email still there? Think how many times your "signature" could be seen if you do this.

Now, I'm not encouraging you all to go out and start forwarding everything that comes in to your email box just so you can get this information out there! We all know how we feel about too much of this type of stuff. :-) But, in the event that you do pass something "good" along to your email list, make sure your signature is on there in case someone you sent it to gets the urge to forward it!!

My signature line is rather simple and I will admit that I change it from time to time to keep it interesting and different and to pique interest! Here is my current signature line...

Dawn Rhodes, Owner

SHADES
Stylish-Trendy-Affordable Jewelry
http://shadesjewelry.etsy.com

The Joyful Bride
Making Wedding Planning a Joyful Experience!
http://thejoyfulbride.etsy.com

That's my current signature line that goes out on every email that I send out...whether it be personal or professional...it goes out! Now I encourage all of you to go and make sure that your signature lines are set-up and actively going out on all your emails...you never know whose reading or shopping!!

Until next time....Blessings! ~ Dawn

PS...yes, I did take on another business venture with "The Joyful Bride." :-) I handle all the marketing/advertising and day-to-day operations for this new business. Great, new product. I also have a wedding coordinator background and do that work some with my "day" job! We have a new blog for that business as well http://thejoyfulbride.blogspot.com. Thanks for checking it out!

5 comments:

  1. I have to type mine in every time because my email service doesn't seem to offer an easy way to do it....I try to remember to type it each time though. Thanks for info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first things I did when I set up my Etsy shop was to set up my email signature. I don't have any idea if it's brought me business or not but increased traffic is increased traffic no matter where it comes from! This is a great tip. Thank you for sharing it with everyone. :)

    ♥ xtine
    http://stuffbyxtine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent advice! I too made sure I have all my links in my signature for my emails! Especially since most peeps forward those funny emails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent advice, as always. It amazes me how many people forget this simple step.

    Your Joyful Bride blog is looking wonderful already. Starting a new business is always so exciting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have all my links in my e-mail. I did it right away. Now if I could just figure out how to do a signature line with my links for when I comment on a blog. I get tired of typing it all the time, but someone suggested it was a good way to get links back to your shop and blog. Hoping it works.
    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
    http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete